Major Side effects and Benefits of Valium
Valium is a brand name of the medicine Diazepam. It is a controlled substance that means you cannot get it from a pharmaceutical without a prescription. It is also available in a generic form which costs less. This drug belongs to benzodiazepines class. It increases GABA’s (gamma-aminobutyric acid) activity which is a special chemical that is responsible for sending signals throughout the nervous system. Low levels of GABA can cause anxiety, seizures and muscle spasms. There are a number of Valium Side effects which needs to be considered before prescribing this medicine. (Valium Generic pills available)
Valium Side effects
There are a number of Valium Side effects. Diazepam, which is the main content in Valium, is known for slowing down the brain’s activity which can alter the patient’s capability of thinking, judgment and motor skills. Drinking alcohol while on Valium is highly dangerous as alcohol also slows down brain activity. If the patient is on Valium he or she should not drive, operate any kind of machinery or perform any tasks which require special skills.
Some of the most common side effects of the medicine are:
- inability to control muscle movements (ataxia)
- muscle weakness
- tiredness or fatigue
- a headache
- dry mouth or excessive saliva
The above mentioned side effects are mild and often go away in a few days or weeks. However, if you suffer from the serious side effects of the medicine, you must contact the doctor immediately. Some of the serious side effects of Valium are as follows:
- Valium can worsen the seizures. In such cases, the symptoms may include an increase in frequency and severity of the seizures.
- The drug can alter the way you think and the symptoms may include confusion, depression, vertigo, blurred or doubled vision, suicidal thoughts, loss of memory and slowed speech.
- It can cause unexpected reactions such as extreme excitement, anxiety, trouble in sleeping, agitation, hallucinations, an increase in the frequency of muscle spasm.
- Valium can be dangerous for those who are suffering from a liver problem or have a weak liver. IT can cause jaundice which can be fatal.
- Valium is known to cause bladder problems in some patients and may lead to the inability to urinate or inability to hold urine. It can also cause an increase or decrease in sexual drive.
- Going off valium can cause withdrawal symptoms such as tumors, sweating, muscle cramps, and convulsions.
Interaction of Valium with different health conditions
If the patient is suffering from certain health conditions like liver disease, kidney disease, mental health issues, myasthenia gravis, breathing problems, or has a history of drug abuse, the doctor has to check for alternate medication. If giving valium is necessary for such conditions it has to be strictly monitored on regular basis to avoid any adverse effects.
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning pregnancy please inform your doctor so that he can prescribe an alternative. Valium is a category D pregnancy drug and can cause adverse effects of the fetus. The child can have deformities, breathing and eating problems, muscle weakness, withdrawal symptoms, and low body temperatures.
Why buy from us?
We have made ordering valium online easy. You just need to upload your prescription in your account while ordering Valium. As this is a controlled substance it is not available without a prescription. Being a responsible pharmaceutical company it is our duty to ensure that the medication reaches the patients on time. We also provide discounts for regular customers. (Learn about How to get Valium generic online)